COALITION OF CHRISTIAN GROUPS
We are compelled, by disturbing developments in the nation, to issue another National alert to all Nigerians that the unity of the Federation is severely threatened by the government in power.
The level of discrimination, impunity, nepotism, tribalism, and violation of the Constitution demonstrated by the Buhari led Administration is unparalleled in the history of Nigeria. For a government that came to power on the wings of CHANGE, we are completely baffled that it has only entrenched the rot, corruption and decadence in Nigeria in alarming proportions.
The latest appointments of Mr. President in the Education Sector should be regarded as the last straw that broke the camel’s back and demands an urgent holistic appraisal of the Nigerian State by the “owners” of Nigeria. (Details of the Appointments are presented as ADDENDUM to this Press Release.)
In practical terms and reality, the “owners” of Nigeria are the Ethnic Nationalities, of which 389 were registered during the Ethnic Nationalities Movement Conference on 11th – 12th February, 2014. Out of these 389 Ethnic Nationalities, it is now apparent that Islamists in Hausa, Fulani, and Kanuri ethnic groups are pushing Nigeria to an implosion. It is therefore imperative, that the remaining 386 Ethnic Nationalities should, as a matter of priority, convene a Conference to determine how to handle the present challenges.
Nigerians should understand that the present distress in the nation is not an act of God but man-made. The impudent and brazen imposition of Islamists into key positions in the country is not an expression of religious piety but a deliberate manipulation of religion for cultural and political domination agenda. This Agenda commenced in 1975 after the overthrow of General Gowon. The Islamists are a violent and domineering group of Muslims that even Islamic nations cannot tolerate. It would be recalled that after the Arab Spring revolution in Tunisia and Egypt, both nations elected Islamists of the Muslim Brotherhood into power. One year later, both Arab Islamic nations staged another revolution and sacked them.
If Arab Muslim nations cannot tolerate Islamists domination, we wonder how Nigeria, a multi cultural, multi religious, multi lingual, and multi ethnic nation would cope. The signs are ominous that the Islamists of the Hausa, Fulani, and Kanuri ethnic groups have contrived a malevolent agenda against the 386 other Ethnic Nationalities in Nigeria. If the 386 Ethnic Nationalities do not rise to confront the present challenges, the activities of the murderous Boko Haram and Fulani Herdsmen, coupled with the official discrimination and impunity of the Buhari Administration, would push Nigeria off the brink of the precipice. Sudan and Rwanda would be a child’s play compared to what is looming over Nigeria.
It is pertinent to explain that there is a difference between Islam and Islamism. While Islam is a religion, Islamism is not a religion but a political ideology that holds that Islam is not only a religion but a political system that must dominate wherever Islam is practiced. Islamism is the ideology driving the Taliban, Al Shabab, Al Qaeda, ISIS, Boko Haram, Fulani Herdsmen and so on. Islamism operates through religious terrorists and subtly through “Civilization Jihad” which seeks to undermine democratic societies and convert them to Sharia States.
Every attempt to call the Buhari Administration to order through previous Press Releases and Press Conferences has been mischievously interpreted as politics. We are dismayed to discover that the Christian Coalition Group as well as other arms of the Church that raised concern on evolving issues in the nation has been mischievously described as members of the opposition PDP political party. This is a very disappointing response to very serious national issues.
As Nigerians, we have the right to comment on issues that are of great importance to the nation. While we were worried about the lopsided Appointments in the Security Services, we observed, a few days ago, that the Education Sector has been privatized into the hands of Fulanis (Fulanization) and notorious Islamists in the nation. Virtually all strategic Federal Educational offices/appointments have gone to the Islamists as Heads of Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges of Education, University Admissions Board (JAMB), Educational Funding and Policy Departments, etc.
Our concerns are not about the Job/Appointment but about the fundamental Islamists Agenda. What shall the list of students’ admission look like in the nearest future in our Nation?
A major apprehension during the 2015 Election was the possibility of President Buhari dividing Nigeria along religious lines. This apprehension has now been confirmed as the President has officially completed the last phase of the Islamization exercise by instituting a strong Islamic Foundation throughout the Nigerian Education Sector by handing the leadership of the vital Institutes/institutions to core Islamists.
All functional Boards in the Civil Service went to the North, mostly Muslims/Fulanis, which are becoming a threat and danger to the very foundation of Nigeria. We as Christians pray that God will save Nigeria from this evil. We appeal to Mr. President that there is no need to set a record as the worst and most insensitive President ever in the history of Nigeria. Mr. President assured the nation during his inauguration that he belongs to everybody and he belongs to nobody: "I BELONG TO EVERYBODY, I BELONG TO NOBODY." Unfortunately, since coming into office, President Buhari has consistently proven that he belongs only to Muslims from the North. Mr. President has finally confirmed his BBC interview which according to Hope for Nigeria, he stated that he would continue in the “quest to ensure that Islam and Sharia is spread across Nigeria according to his BBC Hausa interview in 2003."
VIOLATION OF PRINCIPLE OF FEDERAL CHARACTER IN FEDERAL APPOINTMENTS
Section 171 Sub Section 5 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended) stipulates that the President in exercising his powers of appointment under this section shall have regard to the Federal Character of Nigeria and the need to promote national unity.
A cursory look into list of appointments by this administration shows utter disregard for issues that promote national unity and a gross violation of the Constitution. We wonder how Mr. President can relate the impunity of his administration to his mantra of fight against corruption. By flagrantly violating the Constitution, in Section 171 (5) and in Section 10, the President has presented himself as the most corrupt Nigerian. The war against corruption is nothing but a hypocritical cover up to persecute opponents and subdue the other ethnic nationalities.
THE HANDWRITING ON THE WALL
Only an Ostrich would pretend that all is well with Nigeria. The issues are no longer hidden and the time to respond has come. We call on all Nigerians of goodwill, and in particular the Ethnic Nationalities, to rise and prevent the danger that is looming over the nation.
Nigerians, your destiny is in your hands.
May God help our Nation and grant us peace in our time.
Below are some lists of appointments to confirm our apprehension:
CHIEF EXECUTIVES OF EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS:
1] Head of Universities: NUC Prof. Abubakar Adamu Rasheed Hausa/Fulani Muslim
2] Head of Polytechnics: Dr. Masud Kazaure Hausa/Fulani Muslim
3] Head of Colleges of Education: Prof. Bappah Aliyu Hausa/Fulani Muslim
4] Head of TETFUND: Dr. Abdulahi Baffa Hausa/Fulani Muslim
5] Head of JAMB: Prof. Ishaq Oloyede-Professor of Arabic studies–Muslim
6] Head of UBEC Dr. Hameed Bobboyi: Hausa/Fulani Muslim
7] Head of NABTEB: Dr. Masud Kazaure Hausa/Fulani Muslim
8] Head of NTI: Prof. Garba Dahuwa Azare Hausa/Fulani Muslim.
87.5% of the appointments are Northern Muslim/Fulani Muslim. 100% of all the appointments are all Muslims.
This is in addition of handing over the Security Units in the nation to Muslims. President Buhari has masterfully completed the configuration of the entire National Security structure/architecture firmly in the hands of the Northern Hausa-Fulani Muslims alone to the exclusion of all other ethnic groups in Nigeria. This is definitely unfair, not just to Christians but to all Southerners (Christians, Muslims, traditionalists) and Northern Christians!
The Security Units under President Buhari are configured as follows:
1. Police IG ........... Northern Muslim Hausa-Fulani
2. Chief of Army Staff ....... Northern Muslim Hausa-Fulani
3. Minister for Defense ..... Northern Muslim Hausa-Fulani
4. Minister for Internal Affairs ...... Northern Muslim Hausa-Fulani
5. National Security Adviser (NSA) ......... Northern Muslim Hausa-Fulani
6. DG, Department of State Services (DSS) ..... Northern Muslim Hausa-Fulani
7. Commandant General, Nigeria Security and Civil Defense Corp (NSCDC) ..... Northern Muslim Hausa-Fulani
8. Chief of Staff ...... Northern Muslim Hausa-Fulani
9. ADC to President ....... Northern Muslim Hausa-Fulani
10. CSO to President ..... Northern Muslim Hausa-Fulani
11. Principal Secretary ....... Northern Muslim Hausa-Fulani
12. Private Secretary to President ....... Northern Muslim Hausa-Fulani
13. Protocol to President ..... Northern Muslim Hausa-Fulani
14. DG Customs .......... Northern Muslim Hausa-Fulani
15. DG, EFCC ....... Northern Muslim Hausa-Fulani
16. DG, Nigeria Prisons ..... Northern Muslim Hausa-Fulani
17. DG, Immigration ...... Northern Muslim Hausa-Fulani
18. Chairman, INEC ...... Northern Muslim Hausa-Fulani
19. Minister for Petroleum ...... Northern Muslim Hausa-Fulani
20. Minister for FCT ........ Northern Muslim Hausa-Fulani
21. President/Commander In Chief of the Armed Forces ............. Northern Muslim Hausa-Fulani
Fellow Nigerians, added to the above disturbing appointments are:
1. Head of National Assembly/Senate President ...... Northern Muslim
2. Head of Judiciary/Chief Justice of Nigeria ..... Northern Muslim Hausa-Fulani
3. Head, Federal Courts of Appeal ...... Northern Muslim Hausa-Fulani
4. All Registrars and Principal Officers all Levels of the Federal Judiciary ..... Northern Muslim Hausa-Fulani
5. Clerk of the National Assembly ...... Northern Muslim.
In addition to the military, the police, the judiciary, etc. are not left out, for instance, the Nigeria Bar Association (umbrella body of all lawyers in Nigeria) has announced its new president, amidst allegations of a compromised election. He is Abubakar Mahmoud.
Police Officers Announced as New AIGs.
1] Ibrahim Adamu, AIG, Zone 1
2] Abdulmajid Ali, AIG, Zone 2
3] Usman Tilli, AIG zone 3
4] Dorothy Gimba AIG, Investment Formation
5] Mohammed Mohammed, AIG Special Protection Unit
6] Mohammed Katsina, AIG National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies, Jos It is notable that State CPs were also Promoted to AIG making it a total of 18 New AIGs.
Other appointments of President Buhari are as follows:
1. DG DPR Mordecai Ladan. North West
2. Accountant-General Ahmed Idris. North West
3. Chief of Protocol Lawal Kazaure Kano North West
4. Chairman INEC Mahmoud Yakubu North East
5. Chief of Staff Abba Kyari Borno North East
6. DG NIMASA Buba Haruna Jauro Yobe North East
7. Head of Service Winifred Ekanem Oyo-Ita South South
8. SSA Media Shehu Garba Kano North West
9. SA Media Femi Adeshina Osun South West
10. CG NSCDC Abdulahi Mohammed North Central
11. DG SSS Lawal Daura Katsina North West
12. NSA Babagana Monguno Borno North East
13. CDS Abayomi Gabriel Ekiti South West
14. Chief of Army Staff T. Y. Buratai Borno North East
15. Chief of Air Staff Marshal Sadique Bauchi North East
16. Chief of Naval Staff Ibok-Ete Ekwe Cross River South South
17. DG Amnesty P T Boroh South South
18. ADC Mohammed Lawal Kano North West
19. CSO Abdulrahman Mani North West.
20. EVC NCC Umaru Danbatta Kano North West.
21. Chairman Transition Commitee Ahmed Joda North East.
22. MD AMCON Ahmed Lawan Kuru North West
23. CG Customs Col Hameed Ali North West
24. Aliyu Yahaya Gusau DG Budget North West
25. EC FIRS Dr Williams Babatunde Fowler Lagos South West
26. Babachir David Lawal SGF North East
27. CG Customs Col Hameed Ali North West
28. CG Immigation Kure Martin Abeshi North Central
29. SSA NASS Suleiman A. Kawu North Central
30. SSA NASS Ita S.J. Enang South South
31. MD NPA Habibu Abdulahi Kano North West
32. DG Budget Aliyu Gusau Zamfara North West
33. EFCC Madu Ibrahim North West
34. DG NOTAP Dan Azumi Mohammed North West
35. NIMC Engr. Aliyu M Aziz North Central
36. NDIC Umaru Ibrahim Kano North West
37. Federal Character Shettima Bukar Abba North East Borno
38. SA Social Protection, Maryam Uwais Kaduna, North West
39. Chairman NDLEA Muhammad Abdallah Adamawa, North East
40. MD NDDC Ibim Seminitari Rivers South South
41. PA New Media, Bashir Ahmed Kano, North West
42. NEITI Waziri Adio, Osun South West
42. DG SMEDAN Dr Dikko Umaru Raqqa. Katsina North West
43. DG NIMASA Dakuku Peterside Rivers South South
44. OPEC Sec Gen Mohammed Barkindo North West
45. DG NYSC Kazaure North West
46. Okoi Obono-obla SA Prosecution Cross River South South
47. Ahmed Jafaru CG Prisons Jigawa North West
48. Mohammed Babandede CG Immigration Jigawa North West
LET US ATTEMPT A TALLY OF THE LAST SET NUMBERED 1-48 ONLY
North West 25
North East 9
North Central 4
South West 4
South South 6
South East 0
Below is the full list of the Army Officers compulsorily retired recently by Muhamma'du Buhari. They are 90% Southerners. The list confirms that Ethnic and Regional cleansing continues:
Maj. Gen TC Ude (SE-)
Maj. Gen LC Ilo (SE)
Maj. Gen IN Ijoma (SE)
Maj. Gen O Ejimai (SE)
Maj. Gen PAT Akem (SS)
Maj. Gen ED Atewe (SS)
Maj. Gen Letam Wiwa -Younger brother of murdered Environmental Rights activist and author, Ken Saro-Wiwa (SS) Maj. Gen FO Alli (SS) Maj. Gen Mobolaji Koleoso (SW) Maj. Gen SD Aliyu (MB) Maj. Gen MY Ibrahim
Brig. Gen GO Agachi (SE)
Brig. Gen Okonkwo (SE)
Brig. Gen Ogidi (SS)
Brig. Gen Koko Essien (SS)
Brig. Gen PE Ekpeyong (SS)
Brig. Gen Bright Fiboinumama (SS)
Brig. Gen. M. Onoyiveta (SS)
Brig. Gen IMD Lawson (SS)
Brig. Gen Oyefesobi (SW)
Brig. Gen AI Onibasa (SW)
Brig. Gen Bashir Mormo (SS)
Brig. Gen AH Sa’ad (SS)-Former ADC to late President Musa Yar'adua Brig. Gen MG Ali Brig. Gen LN Bello Brig. Gen D Abdusalam
Col. CK Ukoha (SE)
Col. OU Nwankwo (SE)
Col. Nicholas Achinze -Dasuki’s ADC (SE) Col. Tonye F Minimah –Younger brother of former Chief of Army Staff, LT. General Kenneth Minimah (SS) Col. FD Kayode (SW) Col. Ojogbane Adegbe –ADC to former President Goodluck Jonathan (MB) Col. Audu (MB) Col. DR Hassan Col. MA Suleiman
Lt. Col GC Nyekwu (SS)
Lt. Col C Enechukwu (SE)
Lt. Col CO Amadi (SE)
Lt. Col Adimoha (SS)
Lt. Col OC Egemode (SS)
Lt. Col TE Arigbe (SW)
Lt. Col TO Oladuntoye (SW)
Lt. Col Baba Ochankpa (MB)
Lt. Col DB Dazang (MB)
Lt. Col A Mohammed
Lt. Col AS Mohammed
COALITION OF CHRISTIAN GROUPS
1. NATIONAL CHRISTIAN ELDERS FORUM (NCEF)
2. NIGERIAN CHRISTIAN GRADUATE FELLOWSHIP (NCGF)
3. THINK TANK FOR THE BODY OF CHRIST
4. CHRISTIAN LAWYERS FELLOWSHIP OF NIGERIA (CLASFON)
5. ASSOCIATION OF CHRISTIAN SCHOOLS IN NIGERIA (ACSIN)
6. STUDENTS CHRISTIAN MOVEMENT (SCM)
7. CHRISTIAN PROFESSIONALS FORUM (CPF)
8. MINISTERS PRAYER NETWORK (MPN)
9. INTERNATIONAL CHRISTIAN EMBASSY JERUSALEM (ICEJ)
10. NIGERIA EVANGELICAL MISSIONS ASSOCIATION (NEMA)
11. INTERNATIONAL PROPHETIC MINISTERIAL ASSOCIATION (IPMA) (Inc. Worldwide College of Bishops & Ministers, Africa, UK & USA)
12. INTERCESSORS WITHOUT WALLS (IWW)
13. WAILING WOMEN INTERNATIONAL (WWI)
14. FULL GOSPEL BUSINESSMEN FELLOWSHIP
15. NIGERIAN FELLOWSHIP OF CHRISTIAN STUDENTS (NIFES)
16. UNIVERSITY JOINT CAMPUS CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP (UJCM)
17. NIGERIAN CHRISTIAN CORPERS FELLOWSHIP (NCCF)
18. NIGERIA SUPREME COUNCIL FOR ECCLESIASTICAL AFFAIRS (NSCEA)
19. AFRICAN ASSOCIATION FOR ECCLESIASTICAL AFFAIRS (AAEA)
20. The Preacher (TP).
7th August, 2016